FEMA Assisting Area Fire Victims

2-6-06 - The Federal Emergency Management Agency is coming to the rescue of home and business owners in southern Oklahoma counties hit by wildfires. Late last week, FEMA officials met with Oklahoma emergency management officials, to offer federal assistance to those who suffered not only fire damage, but smoke and water damage as well.

Those eligible must live in one of the following area counties – Bryan, Carter, Murray, Pontotoc, Pittsburg or Garvin County

Individuals must apply by phone at 1-800-621-fema. When you call, you need to have your social security number, a current mailing address and the address of the damaged property, and insurance information.