2-26-06 – A Carter County home was destroyed by fire Sunday morning. Lone Grove firefighters were called to the scene on Texaco Road just before noon. It took firefighters about thirty minutes to get it under control. The home is a total loss.
Firefighters say a wood burning stove caused the blaze after it overheated. Three adults live in the home, but they were not there at the time of the fire.
The family says they do not have insurance and have no plans to rebuild.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.