5-3-06 - A house fire in Durant claimed the life of a 57-year-old man on Wednesday. Bill Tillery likely died of smoke inhalation in a fire at 619 S. 2nd, that began just after 1am.
Initial indications are that the cause of the fire was electrical. Neighbors told police they heard lightning and then a short while later noticed that the house was on fire.
Firefighters found Tillery inside the house, approximately 10 feet from the front door.
Another neighbor told police that Tillery had attached an extension cord to a nearby home the night before. It's unclear if that had anything to do with the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.