6-24-06 – Sherman firefighters battled a downtown fire Saturday evening. The fire began in an apartment, attached to the Waldo Funeral Home on Travis Street. According to the fire department, the resident came home and found a fire in the living room. The fire department was called around 7:45 p.m.
Firefighters got the fire out within about fifteen minutes. No one was hurt, but the apartment was damaged and the funeral home sustained a small amount of smoke damage.
No word yet on the exact cause.