08-18-06 - City officials in Whitesboro say the Intermediate School on College St. was evacuated for about an hour, after a construction crew accidentally hit a gas line several blocks away.
About 350 students, teachers and faculty were taken to the Whitesboro Community Center on Wilson St. City officials say the school was only evacuated as a precaution, and the school was not in any immediate danger.
Everyone has returned to the school. City officials say the gas leak has been stopped, but crews are still corking to completely repair the break.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.