Parvovirus Spreads to Davis Dog Shelter

A second town has shut down a dog shelter because of a deadly virus.

Someone dropped off a German shepherd at the Davis pound that was sick with the parvovirus.

Officials had to put that dog to sleep, along with the four other dogs that were living in the pound.

They're following the same procedures as officials in Sulphur after the parvovirus contaminated the pound there, bleaching surfaces and removing food and trays.

There’s no word if the two outbreaks are linked.

The Davis pound will be closed until October 9.

To learn more about the parvovirus and its treatment, click here.