11-24-06 - Firefighters say a candle was to blame for an apartment fire in Ardmore last night. Crews got called to the Willow Brook Apartments on Monroe Northeast about 9:30 Thursday night.
Officials say the tenant didn't have electricity so he lit a candle and went next door to talk with neighbors. That's when his unit caught fire forcing the entire complex to evacuate. His apartment was destroyed and adjacent units suffered smoke and water damage.
Construction crews were there early this morning remodeling the burned apartment.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.