1-01-07 A gas explosion rocked Madill, Oklahoma Tuesday morning. It happened around 11:30 am at the corner of 2nd Avenue and Francis. Around 50 homes were evacuated after the house exploded. The fire department was already on the scene responding to a call about a possible gas leak. Officials say the couple who lived in the home was not there when the fire broke out; no one was injured.
As a precaution, law enforcement blocked off an area from Highway 70 to 5th Street South. Workers nearby were literally shaken by the blast. All residents were allowed back into their homes by Tuesday evening except residents of the two homes next to the explosion. OGNE remained on the scene and fire officials are continuing their investigation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.