Ardmore Fire Officials now say the two homeless people that were killed in a fire Tuesday morning are 54-year-old Robert Newman and 51-year-old Sandra Newman. They both died of thermal burns and smoke inhalation.
The Fire Chief says the couple ran extension cords from a nearby vacant house to run their space heaters. He says it was either the heaters or a fire they set in a can that ignited the flames.
The couple had been staying in an abandoned house in the 200 block of 10 Street Northwest for about three months.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.