12-04-03 A family in Durant survived an early morning house fire Thursday and they have their dog to thank for it. Sadly, the pet didn’t survive the fire. Mark and Rhonda Todd only had their dog Mouse for a little more than a year. But Rhonda says she was much than a pet. "Her name betrays her, she's more an angel than she was a mouse. If it hadn't been for her and God, we'd probably be the ones dug out of the rubble," says Rhonda. It was mouse that first raised alarm. Around 4:30am, at the home on the 1100 block of West Cedar Street. Rhonda says the dog started barking to warn them of the fire. The fire marshal believes an unattended coffee pot may have started the fire. The Todd's came out of the house with only the clothes on their backs. If you would like to help the Todd's get back on their feet, contact the Durant fire department or Robert E. Lee elementary school.