5-10-04 - What appears to be a practical joke went drastically wrong in Sherman on Monday, and may cost a local man part of his hand.
It began in the 3200 block of Marseille Street just before 5pm. Authorities say Ben Sly, 31, was driving by a home when he tried to throw a homemade firecracker at a friend. But the explosive device went off in his hand.
Firefighters described the injury as serious and say Sly may lose some fingers. He was transferred to Parkland Hospital in Dallas.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.