House fire in Platter

By: KXII Staff Email
By: KXII Staff Email

PLATTER, Okla. -- A fire has left a family homeless Tuesday afternoon when it burned through a platter mobile home around 2:30. Colbert and Calera firefighters say they arrived to find the south end of the trailer engulfed in flames.

The homeowner says he just returned from Dallas, realized his home was on fire, and tried to go in to get some personal things.

"My wife seen smoke and I went in there and something blew up and hit me in the head, and then I went out and waited for the fire department," said the home’s owner, David Littrell.

Firefighters say the metal roof kept heat in, causing the fire to spread quickly. They say the home is a total loss.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 8420112 - http://kxii.com/a?a=8420112
Gray Television, Inc.