7-20-04 - At approximately 6:00 am, a combined task force of federal, state and local law enforcement agencies began arresting individuals involved in drug trafficking in Paris, Texas. 21 defendants have been arrested on federal charges as part of a coordinated round up in Paris.
According to court documents, the defendants were part of a conspiracy to traffic in crack cocaine. Since approximately June 2000, the defendants have been conspiring to distribute crack to people in and around Paris, Texas.
The indictment resulted from a lengthy investigation launched by the Paris Police Department Narcotics Division and joined by state and federal agencies. Last week, a federal grand jury returned a three count indictment. Count one of the indictment charges 32 people with conspiracy to distribute crack cocaine. Additionally, two of these defendants face weapons charges for felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition. If convicted, the defendants face up to life in prison and fines of more than $4 million. It is important to note that an indictment is merely a charge and should not be considered as evidence of either innocence or guilt.
There are warrants outstanding for eleven defendants. Additional charges may also be pending against the 21 defendants arrested today as a result of weapons and drugs found in their possession at the time of their arrest.
The investigation was led by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Paris Police Department, the Lamar County Sheriff's Office, the Red River Valley Drug Task Force, United States Marshals Service, the Texas Department of Public Safety Narcotics Division, and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The following is a list of those arrested:
1. Rafael Dontae Robinson 23 Garland, Dallas County
2. Corwin Dantrell Jeffrey 24 Paris, Lamar County
3. Shannon Nettleton Hughes 28 Paris, Lamar County
5. Cornelius Lamont Sims 25 Paris, Lamar County
6. Kedrian Dewayne Davis 25 Paris, Lamar County
7. Tommy Ray Johnson, Jr. 25 Paris, Lamar County
8. Tyrone Dremain Brown aka Jimerson 25 Paris, Lamar County
10. Dontae Romain Brown aka Jimerson 24 Paris, Lamar County
11. Brandon Eugene Cary 23 Paris, Lamar County
12. Brandon Javon Robinson 23 Paris, Lamar County
13. Kawana Lashae Sims 20 Paris, Lamar County
15. Taurus Deshaun Council 29 Paris, Lamar County
18. Kay Leitha Smith 44 Paris, Lamar County
20. Earl Williams, Jr. 57 Paris, Lamar County
23. Larry Boyd Mallory 49 Paris, Lamar County
24. Kenneth Wayne Mallory 55 Paris, Lamar County
25. Kimberly Ranell Bills 20 Paris, Lamar County
28. Christopher LaVon Lewis 27 Paris, Lamar County
30. Donald Lynn Moore 19 Paris, Lamar County
31. Duford Lee Mitchell 20 Paris, Lamar County
32. James George Motter 52 Paris, Lamar County