A gas leak at a Tishomingo apartment complex forced dozens of resident’s from their homes.
Around 6:00 on Saturday, residents at the South Byrd Apartment Complex began to smell gas. Fifteen minutes later, emergency crews arrived on scene and evacuated the entire complex.
No serious injuries were reported, however, at least five children were treated for nausea from the gas.
The residents were allowed back into their homes just after 9:30 Saturday night, the gas however will remain off, until authorities believe it is safe to turn it back on.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.