Fire heavily damages Luella home

By  | 

LUELLA, TX -- Just two hours after a Luella family used their grill to cook their Thanksgiving meal. It sparked a fire that destroyed their home.

Five fire departments were called to this home off Cedar Road around 4:30.

Fire officials say the family had finished using the grill and had turned it off two hours before it caught their deck on fire.

Sherman Fire Chief Jeff Jones says wind quickly spread the flames from the deck to the house. Firefighters say they see too many of these types of fires.

"Make sure that the fire is completely cooled down before you leave it unattended. Make sure it's completely closed. Don't leave any grills or pits exposed," Jones said.

The family was not hurt, and they will be staying with relatives.

The fire caused an estimated 85-thousand dollars in damage.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus