Garage fire damages Denison home

By  | 

DENISON, TX - Flames severely damage a Denison home tonight.

It happened around 6:30 on the 500 block of East Texas street Denison Assistant Fire Chief, Bill Ray, says when firefighters got to the residence half of the home was engulfed in flames.

They were able to put out the fire before it spread to the rest of the house.

Ray says most of the damage is in the garage and the blaze was started by a kerosene heater.

According to Ray, "Anytime you have a heater garages are really ferocious about catching on fire when there's a heater because we always have too many things in our garage be sure when you light any kind of heater that there's nothing within 6 feet of that heater even 10 feet."

There were no injuries in the fire.

The Red Cross is providing assistance to the resident.