Kitchen fire cause thousands of dollars in damages

By  | 

SHERMAN, TX-An accidental kitchen fire caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Sherman home.
The fire happened on the 1600 block of Creekside Avenue Thursday afternoon.
Sherman fire marshal, Jamie Baggs, said a man left the stove on when he went outside. Minutes later, flames spread through the kitchen. Baggs said firefighters put out the flames within minutes. But the kitchen was a total loss, with smoke and water damage throughout the house.
The damage is estimated to be $40,000.

"People just need to be aware that when they have something on the stove. Try not to be preoccupied with other events," Baggs said.

He said the damage could've been worse if it wasn't for working smoke detectors in the home.
No one was hurt in that fire.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus