PARIS, TX-- A Paris family was able to escape a house fire over the weekend thanks to their dogs.
Just before midnight Friday the family woke up to their dogs barking and found their home was on fire. The homeowner tried to put out the blaze, but the fire had already spread to the attic.
When firefighters arrived to the home in the 400 block of SE 42nd street, it was fully engulfed.
They say the home was heavily damaged, but is repairable.
Fire Marshal Dale Maberry says a breaker panel shortage started the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.