PITTSBURG COUNTY, OK -- A Pittsburg County mother faces charges of child abuse after authorities say she poured gasoline on her daughter's head to treat lice and it caught fire.
Court records say 25-year-old Shana Suggs could face a life sentence if convicted.
According to an affidavit, a space heater ignited the gasoline and burned the 5-year-old girl.
The child suffered second and third degree burns over 60 percent of her body.
Police said the girl is living with relatives following a lengthy stay in the hospital.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.