Power outage sparks fire at Paris home

By  | 

PARIS, TX-- A power outage left 250 people in the Amhearst area without power for over an hour Wednesday afternoon, and sparked a fire at one home.

Rick Browning, with the Faught VFD, says the fire happened just before 2 P.M in the 400 block of Dove Hollow.

He says a man in one of the homes relied on a backup generator for his medical equipment, when that generator malfunctioned starting a fire in the garage.

They were able to put the fire out quickly before it spread.