Sherman family escapes house fire

SHERMAN, TX -- Fire officials say a Sherman family was lucky to have escaped their burning home Monday night.

Sherman firefighters say they believe a T-V in a home in the 1700 block of East Pecan Street sparked the fire around 5:45. Crews say once they arrived they got the flames out quickly. Chief Jeff Jones says four family members were home at the time of the fire.

"In this case there were 9 people living at this house and no working smoke detector. So had this fire happened when this family was asleep it most like would have had a very different outcome," Chief Jones said.

Jones says the Red Cross is helping the family. He says the damage to the home is about $18,000 dollars.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 183886311 - http://kxii.com/a?a=183886311
Gray Television, Inc.