Sherman fire destroys duplex

By  | 

SHERMAN, TX -- Residents of a Sherman duplex narrowly escaped their burning homes Wednesday morning.

Sherman Firefighters say the duplex in the 800 block of North Elm Street caught fire around 3 a.m.

They were able to put out the flames in about 30 minutes and everyone got out ok.

Officials say a kerosene lamp, used during a recent power outage, may have started the fire.

They estimate the damage at around $30,000.

The red cross is helping both displaced families.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus