Roads will remain treacherous from snow and sleet until mid-day, when sunshine shroud melt most of it away. Snow is likely to remain on the ground until Friday.
DURANT, Okla. (AP) - Authorities say a space heater was the likely cause of a house fire that killed two people in Durant.
Durant Fire Marshal Wade Boyd says the residents were asleep when the fire broke out early Wednesday. Two people escaped without injury but two others died in the blaze.
Police say that 18-year-old Troy Lee Coburn and 23-year-old Kathleen Marie Jolly were killed in the fire.
Boyd says a space heater was located within a foot of a bed and likely caught the bedding on fire. He says the victims were found near a back door of the home but were unable to escape.
Boyd says the home had no smoke detectors.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.