Ardmore House Fire

ARDMORE, OK--A home in Ardmore sent black smoke surging into the sky Friday evening.

Ardmore Fire Department arrived at a burning home at the 500th block of SW K street around six. Lone Grove showed up a little after to assist.

Ardmore Fire Marshall Clyde Ellis says the fire was started by a clothes dryer, and says most of the time this cause can be avoided.

"Clean your dryer vents on a regular basis. I'm talking like two or three times a year. The actual vent behind the dryer, not the dryer vent on top, the dryer vent behind," Ellis said.

Ellis says no one was home at the time of the incident, and no other homes were damaged.


Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127630663 - http://kxii.com/a?a=127630663