OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - An Oklahoma City man is critically injured after a natural gas explosion at his home on the city's northeast side.
Oklahoma City Fire Department Battalion Chief Bobby Lax says the
explosion happened shortly after 2 p.m. Monday, causing a large fire that destroyed the home.
A man in his mid 60s was inside the home at the time of the explosion and taken to Integris Baptist Medical Center in serious to critical condition.
Lax says the man had exited the home by the time firefighters arrived.
He says the man suffered second- and third-degree burns on his face, head and both hands.
Fire investigators determined there was a gas leak near a kitchen stove where the explosion was centered.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.