YUKON, Okla. (AP) - A broken valve on a natural gas line has been linked to an explosion at a motel in Yukon.
City and state investigators say the valve is on a line that feeds a water heater near the laundry room at Guest Inn. Officials say they have not determined just what ignited the leaking gas Tuesday but that it appears accidental.
The eight months pregnant motel manager remains hospitalized in critical condition with burns over 25 percent of her body.
Bhautikaben Patel was in the laundry room at the time of the explosion. Her 3-pound, 14-ounce son was delivered via cesarean section Wednesday and a hospital spokeswoman says he is in critical but stable condition.
Three other people suffered lesser injuries in the blast.
Information from: The Oklahoman, http://www.newsok.com
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.