Kitchen fire claims Oklahoma City man's life

A fire that started in the kitchen of a northeast Oklahoma City home where food was cooking has claimed a man's life.

The state Medical Examiner's Office identified the victim as
Calvin Harris, 33.

Officials say the fire started about 1:30 a.m. Friday. Deputy
Fire Chief Cecil Clay says there were bars on the windows of the
home. But Clay says it is difficult to determine whether the bars
were a factor in the death.

Clay says bars can trap people inside a burning house and that
fire crews often remove them when they get to the scene.

Homicide detectives were called to investigate, but authorities
say the fire did not appear to be suspicious. Firefighters could
not find a working smoke alarm in the house.

Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 78616047 -
Gray Television, Inc.