OSBI defends investigation in case of missing girl
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
is defending its handling of the search for a missing 7-year-old
girl and her alleged abductor.
Richard Goss, who headed the agency's search for Aja Johnson and
her stepfather, Lester Hobbs, says he's satisfied the OSBI did all
it could do to find them.
Acting on a tip, police found the bodies of Hobbs and the girl
Monday in a wooded area in rural Norman. The state Medical
Examiner's office on Wednesday confirmed the identity of the
bodies, although a spokeswoman says the manner and cause of death
remains pending until toxicology tests are completed.
The two had been missing since the weekend of Jan. 24, when
authorities say Hobbs killed his estranged wife, kidnapped the girl
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.