OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Veterinarians at the Oklahoma City Zoo say
seven plastic water bottle were found in the stomach of an
alligator that recently died.
Veterinary services director Jennifer D'Agostino says the
bottles created a blockage that prevented the alligator from
digesting food correctly. She says the blockage became infected and
the infection spread to the rest of the body.
D'Agostino and her staff used an arthroscope to check other
alligators at the zoo and found coins, bottle caps, more plastic
bottles and a child's shoe.
One alligator had swallowed a little plastic alligator.
The veterinarians pulled out the small items but are trying to
figure out how to pull out the big things without major surgery.
Information from: The Oklahoman, http://www.newsok.com
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.