FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A woman and her young child have been killed in a North Texas house fire that investigators say was sparked by a suspected electrical problem.
The woman's husband, and the father of the child, was injured in the blaze Thursday evening in Fort Worth. Fire Capt. Tom Crow said Friday the fire began in the living room of the single-story, wood-frame home.
The names of the three have not been released and the man was being treated in the burn unit of a Dallas hospital. Authorities have corrected the age of the boy to 4.
Crow says the man was able to escape the flames. Firefighters found his wife and child in the rear of the home.
Crow says no smoke detectors were found in the home.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.