GALVESTON, Texas (AP) - At least five students at Ball High School in Galveston became ill after authorities say they apparently ate marijuana-laced brownies purchased from another student.
Three of the students were sent to the hospital after one student showed up at the school's clinic with a rapid heartbeat, dizziness and symptoms similar to a panic attack, The Galveston County Daily News reported in its online edition Thursday.
The students told authorities they purchased $4 brownies from another student before they became sick.
That student was charged with four counts of assault causing bodily injury, Galveston school district police Chief LeeRoy Amador told the paper. Attempts by The Associated Press to reach Amador and school officials by telephone were unsuccessful.
Police believe the student sold at least 10 of the brownies.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.