THE WOODLANDS, Texas (AP) - At least four people are recovering from smoke inhalation after a two-alarm fire broke out at a Montgomery County apartment building that houses elderly residents.
Officials say cooking food left unattended is the likely cause for the Sunday blaze at the complex in the north Houston suburb of The Woodlands.
The fire broke out on the first floor of the three-story independent living apartment building. Most residents of the upper floors were allowed to return later.
A fire six years ago at the same complex left one person dead.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.