HEREFORD, Texas (AP) - An 83-year-old man is dead after his house exploded in the Texas Panhandle town of Hereford.
Hereford Fire Marshal Dean Turney says a gas leak caused the deadly 10:10 a.m. blast Monday.
The owner of the house, Roy Campbell, identified the dead man as Cleon Cawthon. Campbell says Cawthon had been his tenant in the house for 40 years.
Turney says the man's body was found in a bedroom. He says the leak was inside the house, but the precise location couldn't be determined.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.