Authorities say six people have been taken to Austin hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning from a running car in a closed garage.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Authorities say six people have been taken to Austin hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning from a running car in a closed garage.

Austin/Travis County EMS spokesman Warren Hassinger did not have updated conditions Monday.

Hassinger says a man and a woman were discovered unconscious Sunday morning in an apartment attached to the garage. He described their conditions as critical at the time they were located in their unit, which did not have a carbon monoxide detector.

Officials say carbon monoxide alarms went off in some other units and emergency personnel determined 10 other people had inhaled fumes. Hassinger says four who were transported to a hospital had injuries not believed to be life-threatening. Six others declined treatment.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 160270025