CANTON, Texas (AP) - Investigators have blamed a deadly East Texas house explosion on a propane gas line accident.
Van Zandt County Fire Marshal Chuck Allen on Wednesday identified the victim as 63-year-old Rita Armstrong. The explosion happened late Sunday afternoon at a rural home southwest of Canton.
Allen says the fire was accidental as the result of a partially open uncapped propane line at the residence.
Authorities have said the woman was home alone at the time of the explosion.
Canton is 50 miles southeast of Dallas.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.