AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - One student has been examined and released from a hospital after a fire extinguisher accidentally discharged on an Austin Independent School District bus.
District spokeswoman Tiffany Young says the incident happened Wednesday morning while the bus was bound for Sanchez Elementary School.
Young says the fire extinguisher under the driver's seat accidentally discharged as the bus was hauling 27 students. Young says the driver saw white powder in the air, pulled over and the bus was evacuated.
Austin-Travis County EMS evaluated four children at the scene and one was transported to a hospital, as a precaution. Young says that girl was examined, released to her mother and returned to school.
Young says another bus was dispatched to transport the rest of the students to school.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)