HOUSTON (AP) - Firefighters say a deadly fire northeast of Houston may have started with a cigarette.
Houston television station KTRK reports that a fire late Wednesday engulfed a house in Humble Road Place. Firefighters found an elderly woman near the front door of the home. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has not been identified yet.
Her husband was at the store when the fire ignited.
Eastex Fire Chief Bryan Harris tells the television station that the wooden home was almost entirely in flames when firefighters got to the scene at about 10:20 p.m.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.