Firefighters: Cigarette ignited deadly house fire

HOUSTON (AP) - Firefighters say a deadly fire northeast of Houston may have started with a cigarette.

Houston television station KTRK reports that a fire late Wednesday engulfed a house in Humble Road Place. Firefighters found an elderly woman near the front door of the home. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The victim has not been identified yet.

Her husband was at the store when the fire ignited.

Eastex Fire Chief Bryan Harris tells the television station that the wooden home was almost entirely in flames when firefighters got to the scene at about 10:20 p.m.

(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 161480535 - http://kxii.com/a?a=161480535