Woman using vacuum cleaner at Beaumont mall burned

By: From Wire Reports
By: From Wire Reports

BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) - A freak accident at a Southeast Texas mall has left a worker burned after a vacuum cleaner she was using started her clothes on fire.

Beaumont police say the accident happened late Thursday morning at the Macy's store at Parkdale Mall.

Police say a 39-year-old contract worker was using a backpack-style vacuum cleaner when the cord shorted out and set her clothes ablaze. Emergency responders in Beaumont treated her for second- and third-degree burns to her back, then the woman was transported to a hospital burn unit in Galveston.

The name of the burned woman and further details on her injuries weren't immediately released.

A message left with Macy's store management in Beaumont wasn't immediately returned.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Sherman 4201 Texoma Pkwy (903) 892 -8123 Ardmore 2624 S. Commerce (580) 223-0946
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238480811 - http://kxii.com/a?a=238480811