This cold soup is a nice change from the trational gazpacho.
Serving Size : 8
1 large cantaloupe
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, lowfat
1/2 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
2 Tablespoons honey
1 large lime -- zested and juiced
1. Slice open the cantaloupe and remove the interior seeds. Using a melon baller, scoop 8 pretty pieces from the flesh of the cantaloupe and set aside in the refrigerator. Peel and slice the remaining cantaloupe, and puree in the blender. Pour through a medium strainer, to yield approximately 3 cups of liquid. Discard the remaining pulp of the cantaloupe. Rinse blender.
2. Pour cottage cheese in a medium strainer. Gently turn the cottage cheese over in the strainer a few times to remove the obvious liquid. Measure 1 1/2 cups of the cottage cheese solids and place into the blender. Add the ricotta and blend until very smooth.
3. Add honey, 1 Tablespoon lime juice and cantaloupe juice to the blender and process until smooth. Chill for at least 2 hours.
4. When ready to serve, pour soup into 8 bowls. Garnish with the reserved cantaloupe ball and lime zest.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 95 Calories; 2g Fat (16.8% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 198mg Sodium.
Suggested Tea Sandwiches:
Cucumber sandwiches : 8 oz whipped cream cheese, 1 tablespoon chopped garlic whipped together and spread on white bread. Top with peeled, thinly sliced cucumbers.
Chicken-Chutney : 8 oz can of white chicken, 12 oz jar of chutney, 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise to make a spreadable consistency.
Watercress : Blend fresh watercress, minced green onions and butter to a spreadable consistency. Additional watercress and a sprig of fresh parsley make this one pretty.
Roasties : Mix equal parts of horseradish and sour cream and spread on sandwiches, add thinly sliced roast beef.