Time for those holiday parties and you don’t know what to bring? Chef KAT has some ideas for you, and tip for staying healthy, too!
Party food is the greatest fun! You get to eat good things and see your friends!
Tip for a 'healthy' holiday: Serve individual portions of foods to avoid the grab bowl of multiple hands and spread of germs. Serve the Chex mix in muffin cups, pre-place toothpicks in all cheese cubes. Yes, its more work now, but would you rather lose 3 days ill later??
Enjoy your healthy holiday parties!
Jack and Jill Green Chile Squares
Serving Size : 10
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1/3 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups Monterrey jack cheese -- shredded
1 cup cottage cheese, low-fat
1 can green chiles -- diced, drained
4 green onions -- chopped
8 sprigs cilantro -- chopped
nonstick vegetable cooking spray
salsa -- for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg whites with electric mixer until fully blended.
2. Combine flour and baking powder and stir to mix well. Add to eggs. Beat with electric mixer to blend well.
3. Add Monterrey jack and cottage cheeses, green chilies, green onions and cilantro. Mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a 7x11-inch non-stick baking pan that has been prepared with a non-stick vegetable cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350F for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm and lightly brown on top. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into 20 squares.
6. Serve warm with salsa or picante sauce for dipping purposes.