2010 Celebration Cake
Ready to Use Rolled Fondant 1.1LB Multi Pack in choice of colors. Pastel, Neon, or Primary.
Ready to Use Gum Paste 1LB package.
Cake Sparkles or sugar in colors of Multi Pack fondant.
4 inch Lollipop Sticks
¼ inch wooden dowel or drinking straw
White vegetable shortening
Ruler, small art brush, pastry or pizza cutter, rolling pen
6 cups buttercream icing. Your choice of icing color.
8 inch round cake iced smoothly with icing color of your choice.
Bag of icing with tip #3 same color as iced cake.
Bag of icing with no tip same color as iced cake.
• Lightly coat hands with shortening, mix 50/50 blend of Fondant and Gum paste.
• Knead until completely blended and pliable.
• Roll out 1/16 “ thick…about thickness of dime.
• Cut 2 each of medium stars, 8 large stars, 2 sets of 2010 numbers.
• Places on paper towel sprinkled with cornstarch.
• Cut ¼ inch wide strips about 5 to 8 inches long.
• Curlicues and swirls made on ¼ “wooden dowel.
• Place on paper towels sprinkled with cornstarch.
• Brush vanilla on stars and numbers, sprinkle with Cake Sparkles.
• Dry over night.
• Ice 8” round cake smooth
• Make 4” circle of mounded icing in center of cake.
• Glue 4 stars on 4” lollipop sticks with icing and poke part way in cake top.
• Arrange swirls and curlicue ribbons around stars lollipop sticks.
• Arrange 2010 numbered stars at base of cake
• Arrange swirls and curlicues on cake plate
• Make icing swirls and dots with tip 3 icing bag.
• Thrill your family and friends with your latest creation!