We are cooking with Karel Anne! Today we are making lamb salad and Karel Anne has two tickets to give away to the Savor Dallas event this weekend. To win the tickets you must answer the questions correctly. You can email your answers to email@example.com. Visit savordallas.com for help.
1.In the US, we deal with El Nino, however, the Mistral affects which of the following wine regions of France?
A. Champagne B. Rhone C. Loire D. Bordeaux
2. As in the movie Bottle Shock, which winery won the white wine category in the famous 1976 Paris tasting of California wines vs. their French counterparts?
A. Grgich Hills B. Freemark Abbey C. Chateau Montelena D. Chalone
3. What are the two main types of edible Truffles?
4. Which restaurant chef is travelling the farthest to join us for Savor Dallas? [Hint: Its south of the Dallas area]
This delicious salad can use leftover roast beef as well. Its a great dish with flavors that add to your day!
Lamb Salad With Sun-dried Tomatoes and Rosemary
Makes 6 servings
1 cup sun-dried tomato halves -- cut in 1/4 inch slices
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves -- chiffonade
1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary -- minced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt -- to taste
1 1/2 pounds lamb sirloin -- roasted and cooled
10 ounces fresh spinach -- washed and trimmed
1. Place sundried tomatoes in boiling water bath, and soak for 20 minutes or until soft.
2. Combine the garlic, basil, rosemary, vinegar and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in the olive oil to emulsify.
3. Cut lamb in 1/4 inch wide slices. Add to bowl. Drain tomatoes and add to bowl. Stir to combine.
4. Let marinate for at least one hour. If not using within the hour, refrigerate. If refrigerating, let stand at room temperature one hour before serving.
5. Add salt to taste. Stir lamb and marinade just before serving. Drain dressing into a measuring cup and drizzle over spinach.
Toss lightly to distribute. Divide evenly over 6 plates and top with lamb mixture. Serve.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 436 Calories; 30g Fat (58.5% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 914mg Sodium.