Just in time for St. Patrick's Day we are making Shamrock cupcakes with Baileys Irish Cream Icing. Sheryl Robinson is here to teach us how to make this simple recipe for your St. Pattys Day gathering. Log on to her website for more information about decorating classes. www. pattycakesdecorating.com
Standard muffin pan
Shamrock baking cups
Tip 1M and decorator bag
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup ( 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup buttermilk
Baileys Irish Cream Icing
Makes 28 cupcakes
Note: Recipe taken from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line pan with baking cups. Wisk together flour, banking powder, and salt.
2. With an electric mixer on high-medium, cream butter and brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scrap bowl as needed. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with two additions of buttermilk, and beating until combined after each.
3. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each 3/4 full. Bake, about 25 minutes rotating halfway through, until cake tester comes out clean and golden brown. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes, and then turn out cupcakes onto racks and cool completely.
Bailey's Irish Cream Icing
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1lb confectioners sugar sifted
3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish cream liquor (you may substitute milk if desired)
Kelly green icing color
Shamrock icing decorations
Shamrock sprinkle mix
1. Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer. Add vanilla and Baileys Irish cream. Gradually add sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Tint icing a pale green color.
2. Using decorator tip 1M, pipe a swirl on top of each cupcake. Top with shamrock icing decoration and sprinkles.
This recipe ices 1 1/2 dozen cupcakes.