We are cooking with Chef Karel Anne Tieszen this morning. Are the neighbors running from you as you carry the basket of plenty from your garden? Have you had enough squash casserole and fresh tomato soup?Here is something to try to enjoy the 'vegetables' of your labor. The rich summer flavor of the tomatoes and zucchini make this dish DE-LISH!
Chef Karel Anne Tieszen
Tomate et Courgette Escalier (Tomato & Zucchini Staircase)
Serving Size : 6
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound zucchini -- sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 cup yellow onion -- cut in 1/2 inch dice
1 1/2 pounds tomatoes -- sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
1. Saute zucchini slices in vegetable oil until they begin to soften. Remove from pan to cool, leaving as much oil as possible.
2. Using remaining oil, saute onions until golden. Spread onions in an even layer into an 8 inch square baking dish.
3. Layer alternating zucchini and tomato slices in long rows in the baking dish. Stir together the olive oil and Herbs de Provence. Drizzle mixture over the 'staircase' and set aside until just before serving.
4. Preheat oven to 400F. Place dish in the oven for about 5-8 minutes until tomatoes are hot to the touch. Serve immediately.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 102 Calories; 7g Fat (59.4% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 12mg Sodium.