Curried Broccoli Soup
Chef Karel Anne Tieszen
Serving Size : 6
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
1 cup onion -- chopped
2 cloves garlic -- chopped
1 large potato -- peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3 Tablespoons curry powder
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 bunch broccoli -- cut into florets; stems cut in 1/2
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup milk
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onions and
garlic and sauté' until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the curry and diced potatoes. The edge of the potato
pieces will be firm in about 2-3 minutes. Add the broth and
water to the pan. Bring the soup to a boil.
3. Add the broccoli. When the mixture returns to a boil,
reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the
vegetables are tender.
4. Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
Return the puree to the pan, stir in the milk, and taste for
seasoning. Warm the soup over low heat. Do not boil to avoid
curdling the milk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 121 Calories; 5g Fat (31.1% calories from fat);
7g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 11mg
Cholesterol; 307mg Sodium.