Happy new year to you all as we gear up for the new school year. Sometimes we welcome the routine, and other times... well, don't let dinner be a struggle! In an ideal world, you grilled extra chicken breasts and set some aside for another meal. Otherwise, I suggest cutting up chicken into bite size pieces and sauté them in a skillet before you prepare the carrot mixture. While I am not a usual proponent of the 30 minute meal, this one makes the grade.
Chef Karel Anne
Serving Size : 6
1 pound angel hair pasta
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup olive oil
2 cups carrot -- cut in 1/4 inch dice
1/2 cup white wine -- or chicken broth
2 Tablespoons ginger root -- finely cut, not minced
1 Tablespoon garlic -- finely cut, not minced (about 3 cloves)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
1 cup water (preferably from pasta pot)
2 Tablespoons green onion -- sliced, green and white
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese -- grated
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter in a large serving bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté the carrot for three minutes.
3. Gently pour in the wine and stir. Add the ginger, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper flakes. Cook for five minutes.
4. Add one cup of water (or additional broth), bring to a boil, and cook for five minutes uncovered.
5. Pour the sauce over the angel hair and toss to combine. Sprinkle with scallions. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 549 Calories; 23g Fat (45.4% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 318mg Sodium.