We are beginning to get the new Spring Asparagus and it is truly delicious. This recipe is easier in the oven, and you also have the option of how I prepared it on air using a griddle. This is a great addition to your plate, and a lower fat option than the bacon wrapped green bean bundles!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Lemon Butter-Dill sauce
Serving Size : 8
1 1/2 pounds asparagus -- rinsed and trimmed
4 slices prosciutto
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons garlic oil
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3 Tablespoons fresh dill
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Divide asparagus into 8 even bundles. Cut each prosciutto slice in half lengthwise.
Wrap each bundle with the prosciutto and place in a 13 inch x 9 inch glass baking dish.
Alternate the tips and ends to promote even cooking.
3. Mix together the garlic and vegetable oils in a small dish. Using a pastry brush,
lightly paint the tips and exposed ends of the asparagus with the oil.
4. Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish, and place in the oven.
Roast for 15 minutes until the stalks are tender.
5. While the asparagus is roasting, melt the butter slowly in a small saucepan.
Whisk in the lemon juice and remove from heat. Add the dill and zest. Mix until well combined.
When the asparagus emerges from the oven, pour the butter evenly over the prepared asparagus.
Serve with a slotted fork.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving : 299 Calories; 17g Fat (52.0% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 3082mg Sodium.