We are getting you ready for the cold weather with a soup that will keep you warm and fill you up.
Chicken Mushroom Barley Soup
Recipe by Chef Karel Anne Tieszen
Serving Size : 8
1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
1/2 pound mushrooms -- sliced thin
1 cup carrots -- sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup celery -- chopped
1/2 cup barley -- uncooked
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
1 dash pepper
1/4 cup green onion -- sliced
1/2 cup spinach leaves
1. Place the skinned chicken in a large stockpot, and add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Skim the accumulated foam from the top of the pot and discard.
2. Add the mushrooms, carrots, celery, barley and spices to the water and simmer for an hour.
3. Remove chicken and shred coarsely. Skim off the fat and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
4. Cut spinach into strips. Add chicken, green onions, and fresh spinach. Heat through and serve.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving: 115 Calories; 2g Fat (18.1% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 570mg Sodium.
Designed by Gray Digital Media