Perfect Tailgate Sloppy Joe’s
The Island Bar and Grill at Highport Marina
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
• 1 1/4 pounds ground beef sirloin
• 2 tbsp brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon dried mustard, 1 teaspoon chili powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and chopped
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1 tablespoon Tabasco or hot pepper sauce
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cups tomato sauce
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted, and lightly buttered
Heat a medium skillet at medium high, combine bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and sauté to soft and onion is translucent. Add chopped garlic and sauté for a couple of more minutes. Add ground beef, cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain grease from beef and return to skillet. Add brown sugar, Tabasco, Worcestershire, seasoning, tomato sauce, and paste. Bring to a boil then turn down to a slow simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with rolls and garnish with fried onion, avocado, tomatoes, or any of your favorite condiments.
Side options include potato salad, French Fries, chips, or mac & cheese.
Designed by Gray Digital Media